For the 14th straight week, Lawrence is a RED community. In the past 7 days we have lost 5 souls. The death toll of COVID-19 is continuing to rise. We are now FIRST in positivity rate in the Commonwealth, meaning more of our test our coming back positive than any other city or town in Massachusetts. As the holiday season approaches we must remain vigilant to save ourselves and our loved ones. One oversight can mean another life.
Next week is Thanksgiving, but this year’s celebrations will look different:
- Plan for small, intimate gatherings that include immediate family only. Remember that all gatherings are subject to gathering size limits set in place by the state. If we want all the members of our family to be alive and well for next year’s celebrations, we need to be cautious this year. Inviting outside family and friends increases the risk of contracting or spreading illness.
- Before inviting extended family to your homes consider if those around you may be at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults or those with certain medical conditions, and remember that 1in 9 people who get tested for COVID-19 in Lawrence come out positive. Lastly, remember that a negative test today is not a magic wand that makes gathering safe, the incubation period for COVID can be up to 14 days, a negative test soon after possible exposure does NOT mean you are not infected.
- The Lawrence Police Department will be out in full force during Thanksgiving enforcing mask mandates, and treating any noise complaints as possible spread events. IF YOU HEAR SOMETHING – SAY SOMETHING! To report loud noise or a large gathering send an email to email@example.com or call 978-794-5900.
It is time for us to make it a personal responsibility to stop the spread.
Lawrence ranks 3rd in overall case count (7773), 2nd in average daily incidence rate per capita (108.1), 2nd in two-week case count (1328), and 1st in percent positive (13.01%).
For COVID-19 Information & Resources, visit cityoflawrence.com/covid19updates
This Mobile Testing Unit is headed to a neighborhood near you! To get a COVID-19 test, or for more information on the City of Lawrence Mobile Testing Unit, visit: www.cityoflawrence.com/MobileUnitTracking
**Important COVID-19 Resource Numbers**
- For Food or other Human Service Needs: 978-620-3550
- SNAP/Food Stamp: 1-800-645-8333
- Business Support: 978-291-8106
- Childcare Services: 978-722-2534
- Report a COVID-19 Violation: 978-620-3140
- Report a Party or Loud Noise: 978-794-5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, Lawrence is a RED community—we must remain vigilant to combat COVID-19!
Help us spread the word to stop the spread, share this link with 5 friends and have them sign up for Emergency alerts from the City: www.cityoflawrence.com/codered
Say safe, stay calm, and stay home,
LAWRENCE - COVID19 HOT SPOT!!!
About 1 in 20 people in Lawrence have gotten the COVID19 virus!
You could be next!
Don’t host house parties, cookouts, or celebrations!
If you travel, remember to quarantine!
Wear masks in public, wash your hands!
STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK!