For the 11th straight week, Lawrence is a RED community. Our COVID numbers, and tragically, our death toll, continues to rise. This week, we lost three more souls to COVID-19 in Lawrence. That is three more mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters and sons that will not be with their loved one this coming holiday season.
This is Halloween weekend, but this year it looks a little different:
- In case you missed it, this week, we cancelled Trick or Treating in Lawrence. At this time, we are not able to safely have our children in schools, and it would be careless to allow for public Halloween events to take place. We encourage families to seek lower risk alternatives and not participate in door to door trick-or-treating. To view the full announcement on Trick or Treating, visit: https://www.cityoflawrence.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=454
- The Lawrence Police Department will be out in full force this weekend enforcing mask mandates, and treating any noise complaints as possible spread events. IF YOU HEAR SOMETHING- SAY SOMETHING! To report loud noise or a large gathering send an email to email@example.com or call 978-794-5900.
- Before you think about attending a party or gathering (even with family)- remember that 1 in 20 people in Lawrence have had COVID-19. No costume party is worth risking your health and the health of your family.
Last night, I hosted a Tele-Town Hall to talk about COVID-19 in Lawrence. To listen, visit: https://bit.ly/3oQTWL0
**Important COVID-19 Resource Numbers**
- For Food or other Human Service Needs: 978-620-3550
- SNAP/Food Stamp: 1-800-645-8333
- Business Support: 978-291-8106
- Childcare Services: 978-722-2534
- Report a COVID-19 Violation: 978-620-3140
- Report a Party or Loud Noise: 978-794-5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is time for us to make it a personal responsibility to stop the spread.
Help protect your family and community, and honor fellow neighbors who have been lost to COVID-19:
Wear a mask
- Don’t have parties or gathering (and don’t attend them, either)
- Don’t travel without quarantining for 14 days
- STAY HOME if you’re sick!
For COVID-19 Information & Resources, visit http://www.cityoflawrence.com/809/COVID-19-Update
This Mobile Testing Unit is headed to a neighborhood near you! To get a COVID-19 test, or for more information on the City of Lawrence Mobile Testing Unit , visit http://www.cityoflawrence.com/878/Mobile-Unit-Tracking
Remember, Lawrence is a RED community—we must remain vigilant to combat COVID-19!
Say safe, stay calm, and stay home,
LAWRENCE - COVID19 HOT SPOT!!!
About 1 in 20 people in Lawrence have gotten the COVID19 virus!
You could be next!
Don’t host house parties, cookouts, or celebrations!
If you travel, remember to quarantine!
Wear masks in public, wash your hands!
STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK!